[kwlug-disc] Fediverse

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 7 02:51:32 EST 2022

Quoting Gary Walsh via kwlug-disc (kwlug-disc at kwlug.org):

> I see that someone has started another Waterloo based Mastodon
> instance, Kitchener Waterloo Techs <https://kwtechs.xyz/>. It is not
> open for signup yet.
>
> Also, fediverse.party/ <https://fediverse.party/> has a list of other
> networks in the Fediverse, with description, who they connect to, etc.

Of possible interest, I just got through attempting to explain Mastodon
to one of my local LUG mailing lists.
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2022q4/015730.html
I also lobbed a link to my post to Evan Prodromou, my friend who created
identi.ca / Laconica, of which Mastodon is a linear descendant, asking
him to please let me know where I committed howlers.

(I was trying out that old dictum that, if you want to understand
something better, set yourself the task of explaining it to others.)

--
Cheers,                          My daughter is invited to a samba party. I was
Rick Moen                        excited, thought it was a sysadmin party.