[kwlug-disc] Kwartzlab as a meeting space?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 22 12:21:33 EDT 2023

Does anybody here have an active Kwartzlab membership? Might it be a
possibility as a space to hold KWLUG meetings?

I have not actually been to the new space on Bedford Road. From
watching the video tour (https://youtu.be/hJbbSnDE12I) it is not clear
whether the classroom is big enough to hold 20-25 people comfortably.
It is also not clear whether the space is accessible. (It looks like
there are mandatory stairs?) I suppose the answer here is "Go to a
TON" but I am not sure that will happen over the next couple of
Tuesdays.

I understand that if Kwartzlab members out themselves then they might
feel pressure to host the meetings. It would be lovely if one or more
members would be willing to host, but at this point I am looking for
information. Even if one of us was to get a membership (currently
$62.15 a month) and got through the application process, then that
would be competitive with what the libraries charge.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Housing: https://unionsd.coop