[kwlug-disc] another presentation idea

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 4 07:37:10 EDT 2023

On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 11:15:25PM -0400, Steve Izma wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I've been been corresponding with Erez Zukerman, who owns ZSA,
> the producer of keyboards, e.g.: <https://www.zsa.io/moonlander>
>
> He lives in New Hamberg, so I asked him if I could get a chance
> to look at the keyboards (non-virtually). I told him that KWLUG
> people often talk about keyboards and would probably be
> interested in more info about them. He offered to come to a
> meeting to demonstrate them. Since we'll probably be back to
> in-person meetings sometime this fall, do you think this would be
> appropriate for one of those meetings?

It appears that they open source the firmware for this keyboard, so I
guess it is fair game?

---
Open-source firmware

The powerful firmware that runs on the Moonlander is called QMK, and it’s open-source, available on GitHub.

While you can use our configurator to quickly put together a layout, having complete access to the firmware source code means you can dig as deep as you’d like.

---

I am happy to book a slot, but it would be good to have an in-person
plan (and maybe have a meeting or two under our collective belt)
before inviting him in.

Would others be interested in such a presentation?

- Paul