[kwlug-disc] ChatGTP + Bing: we're entering a new paradigm and it's mind-blowing

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Tue May 9 07:29:00 EDT 2023

Eliezer Yudkowsky is founder of MIRI, the Machine Intelligence Research Institute, a non profit that was founded in 2000, and pivoted in 2005 to research on identifying and managing existential risks of A.I. Within the AI community, Yudkowsky and MIRI are well known, and from what I can see, well respected. Yudkowsky is deeply concerned about the risks of continuing to develop more power AIs beyond the current GPT-4.

https://time.com/6266923/ai-eliezer-yudkowsky-open-letter-not-enough/