[kwlug-disc] Backup LTE/5G Internet Recommendations

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:22:51 EDT 2024

If you just need something to get messages out: some laptops have a
spot for a cellular sim card. If the laptop is doing some of the
monitoring you could have it set up to send out over the cellular
network. Pretty sure some of the older Thinkpads had a sim slot
adjacent to the removable battery.

Just a thought, probably not what you want to do, but if you happen to
have a spare laptop sitting around with a sim slot, it might save
buying a modem.

Charles