[kwlug-disc] Remote vs local meetings, five months in

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Tue Feb 13 23:23:21 EST 2024

> Subject: [kwlug-disc] Remote vs local meetings, five months in

First off, it's been five months?  So, I've missed ⅖ of them... Time flies.

> How have the hybrid meetings been going for people?

It's definitely less engaging. Kind of a second class citizen feeling.

> What is irritating?

The conversation in the room being picked up by the mic.

Maybe it would help if the presenter had a dedicated mic (this may
already be the case).

> What is working well?

I seem to recall suggestions of having the presenter read out questions
before answering them.

This worked well from what I remember.

The meetings are still among my favourites, so I just want to encourage
you to keep going and express appreciation for the work you do to
organize things.

> What/how should we improve?

Better audio.  i.e. some kind of directional mic on the presenter.

Having no idea how it's currently setup, I can only speculate if this is
a solution.

(Edited to add: I now see I somehow replied to Cranky's message but only
Paul's comments. Can't disagree with Cranky's thoughts.)

Thanks again,

rb