[kwlug-disc] Video in and K+M out -- for physical access in server room

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Jun 5 19:00:36 EDT 2024

GPD Pocket 3, which we could see on Monday, has a useful for physical
server access trick: it can be used as monitor and keyboard + mouse when
connected to a box with hdmi and usb.

But this is essentially kvm, attached to laptop io devices.

If I have computer in hands, for video there are hdmi and vga capture
usb devices. I guess, somehow I can direct that into some window. But is
the anything to send my typing into connected box via some usb cable?

It sounds like a candidate for framework expansion card: hdmi/vga in,
usb out with mouse and keyboard signal. May be with some software. Does
device like this exist, as a usb thingy?