[kwlug-disc] Logseq talk.

kwlug at c.nixc.us kwlug at c.nixc.us
Sun Dec 24 21:48:21 EST 2023

On 2023-12-20 00:18, Bob B via kwlug-disc - kwlug-disc at kwlug.org
wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> Not sure if Colin is on the ML or not, but if you are, I caught the
> tail end of your presentation this month and then finally made it
> through the whole recording tonight.
>
> I was using Obsidian but it was just a little too unstructured for me.
> I saw the "Journals" concept in Logseq during your talk and I realized
> that was what I was missing in Obsidian. Consequently, the last two
> weeks or so have been diving into the Logseq rabbit hole.
>
> I noticed at the end of your talk you mentioned putting up your list
> of plugins. I don't remember seeing them in the video so I am
> wondering if you can post them here?
>
> FWIW, I installed the Bullet Threading and the Journals Calendar
> plugins. The calendar one lets me drop TODO's into future days. By
> adding a query at the top of the TODO page, I see only the todos up to
> today. This lets me future date reminders and have them appear only
> when they become relevant. (I think somebody asked about that in the
> talk).
>
> Anyway, thanks for that talk. This has been a fun ride and I am hoping
> that this tool can finally bring some order into my mental chaos.
> Obsidian was good, but it seemed more like just a wiki for storing and
> cross referencing information... it never really had a sequence to it
> unless I dropped timestamps into pages all over the place. Logseq
> seems way more intuitive with my mental model of how information
> should get captured.
>
> Thanks again!
> Bob.
this changed at least one person's life it helped me drastically with my
constant sprawl of learning and developing things over time.  It's nice
to have used Logseq to develop confidence that comes from my "mental
chaos" having been mapped but it's useful in some meaningful way.  The
number of times it has come into use simply today alone has been
numerous.

--
In the interest of time, I've kept this brief. Thank you for
understanding. I hope you have a great day.

Best regards,
Colin