[kwlug-disc] In-person meeting location leads?

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Thu May 4 10:32:49 EDT 2023

I hope this is not too late to be helpful, but I checked with the powers
that be at Laurier.

I can book a classroom or meeting room, I believe it would be gratis, but
this has some caveats.

Classrooms
    - reasonable presentation A/V tech
    - good ventilation
        - I measured CO2 in a new-ish lecture theatre at ~half capacity
recently and it was pretty good
   - could be bumped with short-ish notice
        - could be as little as a week, but l think they aim for ~15 days
lead time
        - may be able to fall back to a meeting room, possibly only if a
Laurier staff person is present

Meeting room
   - a staff member would likely need to be present for access
       - I'm not willing to do this regularly
   - unlikely to be bumped
   - likely decent A/V
   - maybe poor ventilation

Please let me know if this is interesting enough that I should follow up on
whether there are meeting rooms that would be available in
more-publicly-available spaces, or try to get more info on options should a
classroom booking be bumped.