[kwlug-disc] UPS recommendations?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 29 13:06:01 EDT 2024

Main issue I heard/read, is when you compress aluminium wire, it stays
compressed (probably, copper has less such tendency).  So, when you
screw in your aluminium wire in socket post, it's tight at first, but
after while it gets loose and creates sparks.  That's why you hear
buzzing sound.

Another reason, is difference between aluminium oxide (insulating) and
copper oxide (conductive), though I don't know if it's significant at
household level.